Saturday, May 7, 2011

por vuelto

The following was written yesterday on the plane from Lima to Bogata:

Sometimes I feel traveling looses its lust after a while. Not the kind of traveling when you go to different places, but the kind of traveling when you are in an airport with 50kgs of luggage waiting in line for 2 hours to get in a plane where you will sit for 3 hours to have another 2 hour layover to get on another plane where it will be hard or imposible to sleep inly to go back to NYC, a miserably gray city where the people are everything but Peruvian.

I guess what I'm trying to say is. I don't wanna go back to the US. I wanna go home, to Cusco. I would gladly return to my life in cusco without os much as a second thought. I had a home base in Cusco where i slept, left my stuff. A plce where i could come back to becasue I had keys to this house. My mother cooked me meals everyday. I could travel anywhere with my starting point being in cusco and it was so safe and so secure. Starting the third weekof march i traveled somewhere every 5 days at the most. First was spring breakin Arequipa and Mollendo, then Manu, el glacier chicón, incan trail, doble project weekend, white water rafting, Nazca/Ica/Paracas, then Lima/Iquitos.

Now I'm sitting ona plane to Bogata throught the wonderful Avianca and my mind is full of thoughts, pecemistic, scared, and worried. Please excuse me while i eat my last cocoa candy.

I have learned so much since January 13th. SO MUCH. MUCHISIMO. And the things i have learned here did not com like a slap in the face, but over a long period of time which was slow, thoughtful, full of research and discussions and with some one in a million people. Here is what i have learned (and these arre just the BIG ones.)
-Español
-Patience
-Pride
-Trust
-Ican religion/PACHAMAMA
-Nature and Natural
-Sustainability


When i come back, i know how i need to live. How i have lived in college for the last 2.5 years has not been very sustainably, and I'm not just talking about saving Pachamama sustainability. Since freshman year, I have been getting up before 6 to workout every morning, going to class usually w/o food where i would obsess about getting nothing but a 4.0 4.0 4.0 and beat myself up about not getting it, come back to the dorm and worry about getting into a show or my social life or my job, do my work, go to bed late and eat junk because i was so hungry, eventually get sick from this lifestyle and promise myself i would never do that again, than start all over. "Oh the life of a college student," some would say. Well, not me. This is it. No more. I NEED to sustain myself before i can begin to sustain the environment and the world. But right now, I am so afraid that the old me will take over the me i have desarrollado en Perú. The me that i need to be. I have this amazing chance to start all over again, too add into my life the spanish language, patience, trust, living with strangers that will later turn into my best friends, and most important, being and living and loving like and with Pachamam: naturally.

As I fly over Perú for the last time for a long while. I look at the Andies mountains below. The setting sun at the other side of the plane makes the sky and clouds over the Andies, my home, pink and blue, and those two colors side by side blow my mind. Thank you, Perú, ProWolrd, and Pilar. I hope I can live up to everything you have taught me. I've lived and learned form you, and now i mist do so for and from myself.

The following i wrote right now:

And now I am home, and still full of stories and energy from Perú. For the next however many days it takes, i will be writing all the stories and thoughts that i have not written as of yet. See you all tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment